About Me

My photo
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Monday, July 17, 2006

Thank You

Thank You

Hello ~
Dear Hannes, The O.C., my fellow BYM ’06 Delegates, our cameramen, all of the speakers, and last but not least, all of our sponsors~

Thank You! I don’t think I can describe in words how grateful and thankful I am for the BYM week. That week was truly, profoundly life changing for me.

The book we were given as a culmination of the week’s work was truly the most beautiful gift. It brought me to tears.

I’m probably one of the few people at the conference who has spent my life been told I’ll never get anywhere. If I listened to those people I would not be where I am today. I have never been in an environment with such a wonderful energy and family feeling of togetherness. I felt incredible freedom to be myself and show my potential.

I had no idea what to expect when I applied for BYM. I also had no idea why I was chosen to come. I later realized that someone saw in me something I didn’t see in myself. I now see that. I found it amazing to be working with a 100+ people that were like-minded and were respectful towards each other whether we were agreeing or disagreeing. I also think that people wanted different things out of this conference.

I definitely have learnt a lot. We have the right to follow our dreams and to take risks in life.

I also discovered that there is such a thing as a quarter-life crisis (!), something I was experiencing prior to attending this conference. I now have a clear idea of what I want to do with my life. I think that it is very easy to fall back into a mundane routine but I really want to carry the ‘BYM energy’ with me. I also think it is very important that we all stay in contact and realize how important these relationships are. I certainly made some wonderful friends and feel blessed to have met everyone.

Thank you to Hannes for being so supportive and a wonderful facilitator. Thank you to each and everyone on the O.C. We were so well taken care of. It must have been incredibly hard work so thank you. The cameramen were a part of us and not part of the scenery. I enjoyed all the messages from the speakers although let’s face it, a few were a bit dodgy, and I say that in the nicest possible way. Without the sponsors, none of this would be possible. I was fascinated with Vodacom’s presentations. I’m grateful for all the goodies we received, especially the flash drives and the gifts from BHP Billiton. I really needed those things. I’m grateful to all the delegates, who listened to me or shot down my ideas, and shared their personal stories.

I hope everybody keeps well.

With love,
Candice

No comments: