About Me

My photo
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Monday, May 22, 2006

QE Review Ep. 33 - Chris L.

Episode 2.33 – Chris Lim – Never too Late to Celebrate

First Aired in SA: 17 May 06
A Fab 5 First: Wedding Reception (and perhaps predictive of their ‘wedding season’ they did towards the end of last year in the States)

I was looking at the screen caps of this episode and felt a sudden creative urge so I very quickly put together 2 pieces of fan art. I think they’re fun.

Anyway, back to this episode. The Fab 5 focus on doing a wedding reception, which was great, I think especially for Thom, in terms of getting out of a rut.
From the Bravo site: “While every episode ends with an ‘event’ of one sort or another, this week the event – Chris and Michelle’s overdue wedding reception – takes centre stage.”

Thom (pretending to be on a phone): “Good afternoon, Fab 5 wedding planner.”

Thom was eating all the time. OK, they all had buggers. Thom is standing on the street waiting for Chris drinking something hot. What surprised me was he turned down food in the loft! OK, I’ve picked up a few things about Thom and socks: mostly striped patterns. This week he had blue socks. These guys wear a lot of different colour clothes. Having just recently watched the Red Sox DVD I can see the boys like ripping off the age old Luke, I am your father line and Thom really likes spraying stuff. Poor Jai. Carson and Thom tried to squish him with furniture. And Thom’s strong too. Ted seems to be slapping Carson a lot lately. He slaps Carson after Carson makes a comment about how intimate it would be if the guests came naked.

Chris and Michelle are Canadian. I love Canadians and I can’t wait to go there. Got a trip planned for March next year to tie in with the Stargate Convention in Vancouver.

Larry was christened as an honorary member of the Fab 5 to help organize the wedding reception. It is actually amazing how far reaching interior decorating is. It is interesting that you can use clear plates to show off food, not just traditional white plates. It’s also interesting that the napkin you chose is important because not all napkins are very absorbent or have the absorbency to match the food. I also like the idea of gifts that last and that are natural. So the guests got a little living something to take home with them: an orchid in a little square vase. “Gifts make the moments last.” I loved the umbrellas decorating the dining hall for the reception.

It was actually bizarre to see Chris running from one member or the Fab 5 to the next with more and more bags accumulating in his arms. Chris is very organized and kept his cool through everything, which is unusual to see. As the Bravo site says: “He shaves with slow, even strokes. He picks out a great outfit. He does not try to rip anything with his teeth, drink to excess or leave a room full of candles burning.” Chris was very together. No sweating or panicking. Chris can even appreciate a good tie.

And it was so cool that the Fab 5 each gave Chris a wedding present. Carson helped Michelle pick out her outfit for the reception too.

And before the night was over, Jai was brought to tears!

Quotes:

Kyan: “Boy, I love it when we come to Jersey.”

Thom (staring at a Burger King across the road, from their window): “A room with a view.”
Thom and Carson (crazed, staring at Burger King): “Burger!”

Thom: “Wait a minute. He’s frugal?”

Ted: “Did you come down in a raft?”
Carson: “Did you come down Niagara Falls in a baggie?”

Carson (about the suit Chris wanted to wear to the reception): “I had to speak Canadian and I said ‘No’.”

Ted: “A hundred and ten percent. You’re gonna give a hundred and ten percent with that Smoothie, aren’t you?”

Hairdresser: “I think we should de-mullet this.”

Jai: “We got you this little villa.”

Carson (in bridal veil): “There’s mosquitoes in here.”

Thom (about doing nothing to the house): “We didn’t lie! Ohmigod, are we the best?”
Thom (screaming at Chris from the bedroom): “Where you at? Are you deaf?”

Chris: “What is that?”
Kyan: “It’s a big ol’ gift basket.”

Carson: “And this is our bodyguard, The Rock. GIA, it’s like the CIA for diamonds. The 5th one is the Ca-ching.”

Carson: “Ohmigod, he’s ab-tacular.”

Kyan: “Guys, he looks dapper.”

Thom: “And there’s the new house we got them.”

Ted: “I did most of it. That scamp.”

Jai: “I love guys who sing on their wedding day.”

Carson (about the white guy who can’t dance): “Oh, he is so Caucasian.”


Carson: “You can live in New Jersey but you can’t live in sin.”

Thom (about their couch): “A phone, a stereo, and a beer cooler.”
Ted: “You never have to get up.”

Ted (on another couch): “Wait, where’s the beer cooler? I mean, is it defective? I’m going back to the other one.”

Thom (having stared at the Burger King for quite some time already): “There’s a place I wanna go.”
Carson: “Oh, I am getting hungry.”
Thom: “Let’s go. We’re gonna make a little quick run over to the BK.”

Thom: “Exhibit A. Drawer next to bed, totally cleaned out.”

Ted (handing Kyan a glass of Jai’s smoothie): “What do you think? Jai doctored it up with some vanilla stuff.”
Kyan: “Ohmigod, this is the grossest thing I’ve ever had.”

Jai (about Chris): “I want to look like that when I’m older.”

Jai: “You really wanna do the laundry?”
Kyan: “Nah.”
Carson: “I’m not really feeling it either.”

Carson: “I don’t want to put the ‘ho’ in home wrecker.”

I say and hear this all the time:
Jai: “I wanna get married now.”
Ted: “Jai, you’ve gotta get a boyfriend first.”

Ted: “I don’t like that shower curtain at all.”
Carson: “It’s so opaque.”

Carson: “And by the way, so much better clean shaven. And by the way, so much better with a little bit shorter hair. And by the way, he’s got a slammin’ body.”

Kyan: “Why am I sitting next to Thom?”
Thom: “Because I’ve got a good personality and you don’t, so I balance you out.”

Thom: “You can take lemons and make lemonade people.”
Carson: “Or you can add vodka.”
Ted: “And have vodka and lemonade.”


Kyan: “Do you want what is in the trash can or what’s behind curtain number one?”

Chris: “You’ve encouraged me to remember everything it is to be a man.”
Thom: “And isn’t that ironic.”

The Cousin: “The best part about Chris is… he married my cousin.”

No comments: