About Me

My photo
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

QE Review

Episode 1.25: Mark Finegan – Romancing the Coach

First Aired in SA: 22 March 2006
Rating: 5

Was Thom in a bad mood? Anyway, that house freaked me out. It’s like the evil house that Hansel & Gretel were forced to stay in. Back to reality… I’m glad Thom was able to infuse his style into the style and time period of Mark’s home. I really don’t like traditional stuff and I was like oh no, how is Thom going to pull this off?
Very funny episode and it was so cool to see snow.
I was amazed by the golf store – you could get an entire wardrobe from that place and it doesn’t look like you’re just wearing golf stuff. Not to mention all the other cool stuff in that store. Carson dear, the things on the bottom of golf shoes are studs! Can make a joke about ‘studs’.
Mark is seriously obsessed with golf. I love how Thom considered asking the store people to hide the golf table.
That creamer mug of a boob was um, disturbing.
I knew Carson would throw those clothes in the fire. Poor Mark, you could keep the tragic clothes as mementos.
Carson is so bad with all the sports terms, but it is funny.
Ted’s hair looked cool in this episode.

Quotes:

Carson: “They met doing community theatre.”
Jai: “That’s dear.”
Carson: “No, that’s queer.”

Ted: “That is the most ice cream I’ve seen in one place that isn’t a grocery store.”

Ted (about what must have been freezing home heating): “Can you put this up for human habitation, please?”

Carson: “80% polyester, 20% nylon, 100% tragic.”

Thom: “I don’t think the EPA’s gonna be too happy about this. Carson’ll just have to go to prison. They’ll be lining up to be his cellmate.”

Mark: “I’m a fuzzy guy.”
Carson: “You’re what our people call a cub.”

Carson: “The family that spas together…”
Jai and Kyan: “Stays together.”

Carson: “Toasted pumpkin’s the new black.”
Thom: “Well, duh.”

Mark is trying to prevent his house from burning down:
Carson: “That’s a cashmere blend, be careful.”
Thom: “If you ruin that furniture, I will kill you!” (Chugs some beer.) “Wouldn’t that be embarrassing, if you were a coach, to get your ass kicked by a gay decorator?”

Carson: “His team called our team? Is his team on our team?”

About their son’s name been Jack Eagle:
Carson: “How did they get a Native American baby?”

Jai: “We’re gonna find the three little bears in there.”

Thom: “I didn’t see a bald spot on his back though.”

Ted: “Why does this picture of your honeymoon have some gay guys in it?”

Ted and Carson are playing in the snow and then stop: “Oh, couture.”

Cindy, Mark’s wife: “He proposed to me during the long commercial break of NYPD Blue.”
[That is shocking.]

Mark (shopping with Thom): “Even I have an eye for that.”

Ted (about Jai): “Little fella.”

Thom: “I’m going to pass you off to one of our other gays.”

Kyan: “They need to drop the squirt off…”

No comments: